Coordinate and regulate the process of collection, analysis, dissemination and use of information on health in different public and private sector institutions that make up the sector health, for agile, truthful and timely information that influencing the decision-making of the operation and planning services, for strategic health system driving.
Be the harmonizing administrative unit of the institutional information systems, which coordinated the consolidation of the National System of Information on Health (SINAIS).
Advise and evaluate monitoring criteria and procedures for acquisition, production and dissemination of statistical information and its shared responsibility with the provisions of general laws on health and geographical and statistical information.
Article 24 Corresponds to the Directorate General Of Health Information:
- Coordinating the System of Statistical Information of the Ministry and the National System of Health, including the System of Social Protection in Health, in accordance with the relevant provisions;
- Develop, disseminate and monitoring the regulations for the processes of design, collection, integration, processing and dissemination of statistics on health, in accordance with the relevant provisions;
- Generate statistical information on health requiring administrative units of the Ministry and other dependencies and entities;
- Establish mechanisms for coordination and control with administrative Ministry units, entities administratively grouped in the sector and private establishments providing medical care attention, for the generation and receipt of data required by the National System of Health; information services;
- Act as Technical Secretariat of the Committee on Statistical Information in the Health Sector and coordinate the Inter-Agency Group on Health Information for the establishment and operation of the sectoral information system;
- Coordinate the function of the Mexican Centre for the Classification of Diseases;
- Promote and monitor the proper use of international classifications, catalogues and standards relating to the different areas of statistical information on health, as well as develop catalogs, classifications and standards as necessary;
- Setting design and content of certificates to generate vital statistics, as well as distribute, control and monitor the use and management of them, in collaboration with the State Services of Health;
- Design, coordinate and regulate the statistical information systems, printed and electronics of the National System of Health, as well as catalogs and standards embodying them;
- Design and establish methods for collection and analysis of information generated by administrative units of the Ministry and the National System of Health;
- Establish and lead systems of verification and validation of data reported by units of the National System of Health, and
- Disseminate statistical information on health to the administrative units of the Ministry and the National System of Health, as well as promote the use of such information in decision-making.
If you have any injunction sends a request to email@example.com
Address: Paseo de la Reforma Ave., No. 450, 11th floor, Col. Juarez, Mexico
Phone: +52 55 5514 5989 ext. 1514, 1519, 1520 and 1523